Tuesday, August 27, 2013

The World's Perfect Brownie Stands Alone

It's been a really long while, but I'm back at it again! And by 'it,' I mean improvising recipes. 

During the course of my recent revamp of the way I eat, I had a monster craving for chocolate and was at the limit of my calorie allotment for the day. (Pregnancy cravings didn't hold a candle to weight-loss cravings. YIKES!) In a moment of weakness, I began trolling Pinterest for recipes, preferably for only a single serving, but I was willing to eat a whole pan of brownies if I had to-you know, to hide the evidence. ;) Anyway, I found an awesome brownie-for-one recipe that is tasty and not super-bad for you! YAY!

ORIGINAL RECIPE ON SPARKRECIPES

Ingredients

    1 TBSP whole wheat flour
    1 TBSP sugar (do not substitute)
    1 TBSP unsweetened cocoa
    a pinch of baking soda
    a pinch of salt
    1 TBSP of low fat vanilla yogurt, add more if needed to blend the mixture

Directions

mix it all up, pop it in the microwave for just over a minute, enjoy :)

MODIFICATIONS:

I used full fat, plain yogurt instead of low fat vanilla. Low fat or non-fat plain yogurt would be just as good.
I also added about 10 chocolate chips (semi-sweet).
Clarification (not really a modification): I nuked mine for 1 minute and 15 seconds. (For reference, I have a 1050 Watt Microwave and used 100% power.)

I know, I know-Really! That's ALL I modified! 

VERDICT

It was a little spongy (maybe cook it less?), but for a 'healthy' brownie, the taste was SUPER AWESOME! This will be a go-to in my house for those chocolate cravings when just a plain handful of chocolate chips ain't gonna cut it!

*******************************************
Edit to add: I tried it again, and I cooked it for only 1:05. It wasn't spongy at all!  

No comments:

Post a Comment