Friday, October 26, 2012

Excuses, Excuses

I mentioned I intended to post every week, but here it is Friday again, and I have nothing to post. My excuse-The baby has been sick all week, so I am pretty much fried with no sleep and trying not to get sick myself. So far, so good, but you never can tell, right?

Since the baby's been sick, I haven't tried anything new. I've been surviving on routine, hoping for the best. The most interesting thing I can offer you this week is the tale of my Thursday evening after bedtime, when I half-heartedly attempted to prepare for a playdate at my house on Friday. I wanted to make the spider out of an egg carton craft, but when I tried to paint the egg carton, I failed to realize the petroleum in the styrofoam and the thinner in the spray paint would react together to dissolve the styrofoam. Fail. My poor husband sat there and watched me dissolve my project materials, after warning me, and didn't say anything nasty or condescending. Props to him!. :) Not to mention, the instructions for the craft DID say to use cardboard carton, not styrofoam. (Nowhere did it mention melting!) Besides, who reads instructions anyway?? So, we painted pumpkins instead. And had a BLAST, I might add.

Since I have nothing new to add and no new misadventures to speak of, besides Thursday's failed painting attempt, I will leave you with a bit of wisdom about parenting I found absolutely hilarious. Happy Reading! http://mommasaid.net/2011/10/10/parenting-proverbs/

See what I did there? I IMPROVISED a post. <cheshire cat grin>

I hope you have a great weekend! See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment